In August 2018, Collabrance shared key findings from a GreatAmerica survey in a special webinar, "State of Managed Security Services" that included a panel discussion of the results. The survey and webinar focused on current Managed Service Provider (MSP) offerings, and the strong demand for MSPs to transition into Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs). Shortly after the survey results and panel discussion, Collabrance was recognized as a "Top 100 MSSP of 2018".
With today's technology, network security is a significant priority for most clients. According to the survey, GreatAmerica confirmed that "87% of MSPs lost business because their security offering lacked something a customer needed. When the same question was asked to those who identify themselves as an MSSP, only 5% reported losing customers because a lack of security offering. This large gap may speak to the opportunity MSPs have to transition to become an MSSP,"(GreatAmerica, 2018).
The transition to become an MSSP requires months of research, evaluation, technology, and tools in order to identify what end-users seek. In order to assess the current managed IT industry and what clients seek moving forward, various components were explored by Collabrance and GreatAmerica, including:
- Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) vs. Managed Service Provider (MSP)
- IT Security as a multi-billion-dollar industry
- Offering solutions securely (MSP) or offering security solutions (MSSP)
- IT Security is a giant game
- How to transition from a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
- Partnering with a Master Managed Security Service Provider is the MSSP fast track
All of these factors are interrelated when it comes to transitioning from an MSP to an MSSP. In today's world of continuously-advancing technology, it is essential that dealers expand their service offerings to meet client demands.
Click here to read the article on ITEX365.