LAST UPDATED: January 1, 2020
Please read this Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) carefully. By using our Services (defined below) or you choosing to provide us information, you consent to the terms of this Notice.
GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation and its subsidiaries (collectively, “GreatAmerica,” “we,” “us”, or “our”) recognize the importance of your privacy and are committed to treating and using the personal and company information you choose to provide to us responsibly.
This Notice applies to greatamerica.com, and other websites, applications and services owned or operated by GreatAmerica that link to this Notice (collectively, the “Services”). This Notice describes how GreatAmerica collects and uses the information you provide, or that is automatically generated when you interact with our Services, and describes the choices available to you regarding the use of and your access to your information.
Throughout this Notice, we refer to nonpublic personal information that can directly and without additional information identify you or your accounts as "personal information." Personal information includes information such as your name, address, email address or phone number, and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. If you log into your account with any of our Services, we will also have access to certain information from that Service, such as your account information.
It is important to know that our Services may contain links to third party websites, applications or services not controlled by GreatAmerica. Our Notice only applies to our Services, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices, security standards or content of other sites, applications or services. We recommend that you check the privacy statements of the other websites, applications or services you visit before providing personal information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
The information we collect will depend on how you use our Services. The decision to provide this information is entirely yours. For example, we may collect information from you if you:
- Apply for employment through our Services (which may include your name, address, references, and employment history);
- Fill out forms available through our Services (such as your name, email address, and account or invoice number);
- Send us an email to inquire about your account or to request information (such as your name, email address, and any other personal information you supply in your message); or
- Elect to apply for financing (such as your name, contact information, tax ID, bank information, account balances and payment history, transaction history and credit history, and any personal guarantor’s date of birth and Social Security number).
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third parties and combined with information we already have about you may include:
- Address information about you from third party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service.
- Purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the Information that you provide to us as follows:
- If you apply for a job, to consider you for the position and to contact references (please note that your references may be contacted without prior notice to you);
- If you apply for financing, to evaluate your application and provide you with updates regarding the application status;
- To respond to inquiries you may have about your account and other related matters, including collection activities;
- To solicit feedback and/or develop new and improved products and services, including offerings tailored to your business or other similarly situated businesses, and inform you of products or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To allow you to participate in surveys and to administer such surveys (note that surveys may contain additional disclosures regarding our collection and/or use of your information);
- To send you important information regarding the Services and to improve and maintain our Services;
- If you send us an email for information, to reply to your request;
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- To enforce our terms and conditions and otherwise protect our rights and operations; and
- For any other legally permissible purposes.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
GreatAmerica shares your personal information only in the ways described in this Notice.
GreatAmerica may share the information you choose to provide with its suppliers, service providers, financing sources, equipment vendor contacts, affiliates and other business customers in order to:
- Evaluate and process your application (for financing or employment);
- Service your account;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you; and/or
- Conduct and administer its business.
Additionally, GreatAmerica may share the information you choose to provide:
- As required by law, such as to comply with an order, subpoena, audit, bankruptcy proceeding or similar legal process in certain situations;
- If GreatAmerica is required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request; and/or
- With any other third party with your prior consent.
GreatAmerica does not sell, rent or trade information collected through the Services with third parties for their promotional purposes.
GreatAmerica may retain information such as your company name, principal officer names, company address, personal and corporate identification information such as government issued tax identification numbers, driver’s license information, corporate tax returns (if provided) or other similar information used to confirm your company or an individual’s identity. You have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information or request that we no longer use it. Upon request, GreatAmerica will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you believe that GreatAmerica’s records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you or your company, you may correct, update, amend and/or delete/remove information by contacting us at the contact information listed below. We will review your concerns, respond within a reasonable time frame and correct our records, if necessary.
HOW WE PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GreatAmerica uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please note that no company can guarantee perfect online security so you should remain careful and vigilant in your online activities.
GreatAmerica operates general audience Services that are accessible to the public. These Services are not intended for visitors under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly market our products or services to children, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided such information through our Services, the parent or guardian should contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may respond appropriately.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT (NOT PERSONAL INFORMATION)
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, script or similar technologies are used by GreatAmerica and our partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your device’s browser by a website you visit. Cookies keep track of your movements within the Services, remember your user preferences, and help to make a website more useful to you. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting to reject or disable cookies, our system will issue cookies when you access or use our Services. If you don’t want our Services to collect information using cookies, you can change your web browser settings to reject cookies from the site or to alert you before a cookie is placed on your computer. Each browser is different, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Should you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may disable some of our Services’ features.
The information collected with the aforementioned technologies may include, for example, information about your computer, its unique identifiers, and its configuration, the web pages you visited; the date and time of your visit; the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our Site; and demographic and/or location-based information. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or Site functionality.
GreatAmerica participates in a number of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, which allow their users to create, share and exchange content and information. Any information that you post on a social media platform is also subject to the privacy policies of that social media network. These platforms may share your information with us in identifiable or aggregated form.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
GREATAMERICA AS A SERVICE PROVIDER
When GreatAmerica is retained as a service provider to another organization, we may receive personal information about you in order to service your account. In our capacity as a service provider, we are only allowed to use your information in connection with the specific services that we provide on such other organization’s behalf.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
GreatAmerica reserves the right to amend, alter, or change this Notice at our discretion. If we make any such changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. Your continued use of the Services is deemed to be acceptance of any changes we make to this Notice.
To ask questions about this Notice, our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your information, contact us at:
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: email@example.com.