Technology Decisions Are No Longer About Technology
For many years, business owners had to decide whether or not they wanted buy a phone system outright, or if they needed to go to the bank. Today the landscape is much different. Business owners are making technology decisions based on whether the solution is a capital expense or an operating expense.
The world of hosted and cloud is changing the Unified Communications (UC) industry, and companies are increasingly asking to consume UC monthly. It was a simple transition for Expert Technology to give customers what they wanted. Expert Tech built out a hosted solution, but the hardware was still a problem. The way they saw it, they had two options for selling the hardware. Neither was ideal.
- Self-finance the hardware and rent it to the customer.
- Pros: One invoice for the customer, higher margins, easier to upgrade customers
- Cons: Restricted cash flow, administrative costs of invoicing and collections
- Lease the hardware through a 3rd party finance company.
- Pros: Easy to upgrade equipment, administrative costs covered by finance source, frees up cash flow
- Cons: Customer receives two invoices, ownership options at end of term
Expert Tech thought there could be an easier way, and it just took some creative thinking for us find the best solution for them. Enter option 3.
Through a customized version of Unified Communications as a Rental (UCaaR), we are financing their equipment and allowing them to put that equipment charge on their invoice and pass back the equipment charge to us monthly. Expert Tech tells us they are getting the best of options 1 and 2 while avoiding the multiple invoices and restricted cash flow.
Read about how they are providing customers what they want by downloading this case study.
< Back to Blog List
- case study
- monthly payment
- recurring revenue